Status of the Canadian InsurTech Landscape
This exclusive report is an in-depth analysis of technology trends across the Canadian insurance industry, InsurTech startup activities, venture funding, innovation and future opportunities.
The Canadian insurance industry is in the midst of a digital transformation. In almost all cases, the incumbent insurance carriers and re-insurance providers have made it a priority to evolve their customer experience and improve the efficiency of their business with the use of new technologies and digital channels.
Luge has observed increased InsurTech startup activity in the past few years given the sheer size of the Canadian insurance industry combined with its innovation activities. We are currently tracking more than 150 InsurTech startups that provide solutions to this industry in Canada.
Topics covered in this report include:
- Technology trends in the auto, property, commercial, life and health insurance verticals.
- Technology trends in each function of the insurance value chain starting from distribution to claims.
- Data-driven insights on InsurTech startup activity by geography, year of founding, and line of business.
- Deep dive into the venture capital financing scene in the InsurTech vertical, largest rounds and VC firms that invest in this category.
- InsurTech mergers & acquisitions.
- Future opportunities in insurance.
Help us spread the word about this report:
Join us at the webinar where we will discuss insights from the report and dig deeper into investment trends and future opportunities with leading InsurTech VCs. Register below.
The global InsurTech startup ecosystem saw record-breaking level of investments of US$2.5 billion in Q3 2020*. As the category begins to heat up both in Canada and globally, we are going to explore where the future innovation and investment opportunities are from an investors’ perspectives. We bring you a combination of institutional and corporate VCs who will share their views of the InsurTech space and where they believe opportunities lie in this sector.
* Quarterly InsurTech Briefing Q3 2020 by Willis Tower Watson.